Saturday 17 December 2016

Live Colorfully - Claudia

Hello everyone! It's Claudia here with my first blog post here over at the Scrappery! I'm so excited to be back! Today I'm sharing a layout I created with the gorgeous Lilly kits. These kits are filled with amazing goodies, mostly from the beautiful Cocoa Vanilla Make A Wish collection, so there were a ton of options for me to choose from. Sometimes it can be a bit hard for me to decide what to use first when there are so many things, so what helps for me is to find a certain embellishment I know I definitely want to use and then pick embellishments / colors that match with that.



For this layout I knew I wanted to use this die cut word that says 'Live Colorfully' and as you can see it has some pink, blue (or teal) and yellow on it. As much as I love pink, I wanted to create a layout that didn't have a whole lot of pink in it so I went through all the embellishments and set aside the ones that were blue / teal.

I like to do a lot layering behind my photo because it allows me to tuck little things in between them later on. I always go through the papers and see which ones match my color scheme and then start working on my layers. For this layout I tore up the edges, because it makes them look a little more interesting.


My layout is quite colorful so that's why I decided to use a black and white photo - I sometimes find it hard to find a matching photo in color when I'm using a lot of colors on the layout so I decided that a black and white photo is the way to go for me.

I love adding little pops of color to my layout and the Pinkfresh Studio Sequin Puffy Stickers that came in the BPK Lilly kit are perfect to do just that.


Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you enjoyed seeing this layout and that you feel inspired to create. Make sure to check out these lovely kits here if you haven't done so already. Have a great day!

xoxo Claudia

No comments :

Post a Comment