Monday 8 February 2016

MEET THE SUBSCRIBERS ~ Stace!

Good Morning Scrappery Fans!!

Today I am pleased to bring you the first of a new series of blog posts - Mondays will be all about getting to know our lovely subscribers a little better!

First up we have the lovely Stace!

We asked Stace 10 questions to find out a bit more about her and her scrapbooking, so this is what she told us:



1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and where you are from.
My name is Stacie though I go by Stace these days! I was born and raised on the NW Coast of Tasmania before relocating interstate in 2006 to Sydney, and then onwards to SE Queensland where I live today with my 3 children (Kaleb 10, Gretchen 4 and Oscar 2) and our rescue cat Arnold. 
I’m an at-home/homeschooling mum with plans in the next few years to study a degree in Social Work/Child Safety and I also run my own wellness business. 

2. When did you start scrapbooking or Pocket Scrapbooking and what drew you to the craft?
I first started scrapping in 2005 when I was pregnant with Kaleb and stopped a few years later after I had a layout published in Scrapbook Creations magazine- I’d accomplished a scrapbooking goal and voila, my mojo disappeared! I was a traditional 12x12 scrapper at that stage, having only recently moved into mixed media and Project Life spreads this year when I took up crafting after a 5 year break. 

3. Name you FIVE favourite supplies and no cheating...only five.
My five fave supplies would have to be Heidi Shine, masking/stencilling, stamping, ephemera and pattern paper layering. They’re definitely my go-to items on virtually every layout.

4. What influences you and your style? 
Since taking up the hobby again, I’ve been super-heavily influenced by youtuber’s – Adele Toomey, Wilna Furstenburg, Amy Tan, Jen Schow, The Scrappery CT … the list could go on forever. I’m also inspired by papers and colours in photos. My style leans towards simple but with a lot of layering, stamping and a bit of mixed media background work. I really enjoy adding textured elements to my spreads.

5. Who would be at your dream crop night? 
The Scrappery women of course! Past and present CT members – Adele and Zoe have given me a lot of inspiration since I started scrapping again.

6. Favourite collection ever released? 
I’ve not been crafting for long since taking it back up so I’m not completely up to date with current collections but I have really enjoyed the Crate Paper ‘Story Teller’ and the Maggie Holmes ‘Open Book’ collections – they’re right up my alley!

7. What's your favourite technique currently? 
It would have to be inking – ever since I watched Adele share the ‘packaging technique’ I’ve been utterly obsessed with adding it to my layouts!

8. Do you love to get messy or keep things clean and simple?
I happily sit on the fence – I like clean and simple elements on my pages but I also really enjoy getting messy!

9. Favourite colour to scrapbook with? 
Gold! Gold, gold gold lol Teal, purple and white are favourites too 

10. Which scrappery kits do you subscribe to and why do you love the scrappery?
I currently subscribe to the PLK but will be adding the TSK to my subscription soon – I just can’t get enough of TSKC kits. They’re always so beautifully put together, and I really love that the business is based in Australia – and near my home town no less! Kayla always goes above and beyond to include the latest products and everything included in the kits is magic .. I looked at other kit club subscriptions and nothing even came close in terms of product and value for money :)



Here is one of Stace's layouts - isn't it gorgeous??



If you are a current subscriber and would be happy to share a little about yourself and be featured in our 'Meet the Subscribers' series please email us your answers to the above questions to scrapperykitclub@gmail.com with a photo of you and your work!  We'd love to get to know you all a little better!!

Have a great week and don't forget to enter our February Mood Board Challenge to be in with a chance of winning a full set of TSKC digital designs!!

Stephie xxx



No comments :

Post a Comment