Friday 9 January 2015

PLK Spread ~ using Leonardo ~ by Kayla

Hi guys. I know it's been a long time since you have seen any posts from me ~ sorry!
I do have quite a few process videos sitting on my computer just waiting to be shared, I just haven't had the time with my 11 month old sucking any spare time I have. He's going through a real Mummy stage. I find it hard to scrap with him hanging off me ~ lol!

So back to this spread. I absolutely ADORED the Leonardo kit. The colours are amazing and the cards worked so well with the Amy Tan Stitched collection. I love the watercolour effects and I love that they are gender neutral. I don't Project Life my daily life, I do my son's so it's always a plus when they aren't too girly for me!

Here is the spread I created...


As you can see I'm only up to week 24 of my son's 45ish? weeks. I have a lot of catching up to do. These kits are great though for catching up on Project Life because I can just sit down with the kit and not worry about mixing and matching products because Nae does such a fantastic job of designing all the cards and products to work perfectly together.



You can watch the process video of me creating this spread above. Sorry for my rambling!


I used my typewriter to do the journalling on the top right card. I absolutely love my typewriter however I do talk in the process video about how I have come to love adding my own handwriting as well. I think it's really special especially in this book for my son. I am hoping one day he will appreciate having a 'piece of me' in his album.



The mint heart title card was my favourite card from the kit by far. Those who know me know that I absolutely love mint. I have mint everything and so this beautiful card just had to be the feature card on the spread.



Here you can see some of my handwriting and my bad uneven line drawing but hey...you have to embrace imperfection.

I hope you enjoyed this little look at my spread. Please leave any feedback or questions. Would love to see what you have been doing with the kits!

No comments :

Post a Comment