Thursday 4 December 2014

December Projects - Starting December Daily (eeeek!)

Hi everyone!

I am so excited to share the start of my December Daily 2014 adventure with you. I am a little nervous as I have never done a DD album before! But after watching hours (yes hours) of DD process videos on YouTube I decided to take the plunge…

First of all, I knew that I would need to organise a mini kit of sorts for myself during November, so that when December rolled into town I would be prepared. Kind of.
I began by deciding on a rough colour scheme for the album. Personally, I am not a green gal. Red? Definitely! But not so much the green. I decided on red, turquoise, gold, kraft and light pink as my key colours, with touches of wood grain and black dispersed throughout. Of course, I’m not ruling out green altogether, nor any of the other colours of the rainbow. But I knew I needed a few focus colours to get me started. 



I found this Studio Calico 6”x8” Handbook in script font and feel in love at first sight!


Next, I started looking through my stash for bits and pieces I could use, including elements from the much loved Maggie Holmes Open Book collection which features in last month’s kits, as well as some older Notes and Things collection from the Audrey TSK a few months ago.

Finally…and I was half dreading/half bouncing in excitement, for the next part of my organisation plan…SHOPPING TIME!! I bought a few pieces from 2014 Christmas collections to bulk up my mini kit, including the Kaiser Craft Captured Moments PL cards in the Peppermint Swirl collection – perfect colours! I placed all my goodies in my glass dishes to make sure I could see and access everything…and also, well, it makes it all look so pretty! Hehe :P

 photo adelephotos_zpsa89d766c.jpg

I created this title page using a wide range of supplies, including some of the papers from the Audrey TSK as well as a December Daily wood veneer I picked up somewhere along the way. As you know, I love embellishing and my title page is no exception!






I took quite a few photos on December 1st as my hubby and I put up our Christmas tree, yippee! I added a shaker pocket using a collection of star sequins and wood veneer as well as w Tim Holtz flash card.





I taped closed this pocket due to the bulkiness of the other side – it was driving me a bit crazy sliding out!


On the reverse side, I added a basic filler card with some vintage ephemera as well as a before photo of our empty tree space.



Using a 4 pocket protector, I added some 3x4” cards from the Noah PLK to support my festive tree pictures. I also added a few random Christmas phrase stickers from various collections and some Heidi Swapp vellum ephemera. I raided my Willow and Camille PLK to get some Maggie Holmes Open Book vellum pieces and ephemera to add some depth to the page.







And that’s Day 1 done! Stay tuned while I keep you updated on the rest of the album. I would love to hear some tips and tricks from those who have created DD albums before! Please leave me a comment if you have any ideas for special things to document or products to use.

Thanks for having a peek at my album everyone, and remember…only 23 sleeps til Christmas!!

Adele xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment